- Freedom of speech means that Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press. I am not Congress.
- You will be civilized.
- You will not use profanity.
- You do not have to agree with anything I say.
- Anonymous comments will be removed.
- Keep your comments short. If you have a lot to say, say it on your own blog, and leave a comment here with a link to the post.
- Certain HTML tags are supported. If you leave a link to a Website, include it in an anchor tag.
- URL shortening services are acceptable, but not preferred, for links in comments.
- Registration may be required. This includes a Google account or an account that supports Open ID. This includes AOL/AIM, LiveJournal, Typepad, and WordPress, among other services.
- Comment moderation may be enabled for posts, particularly for older posts.
- Comment moderation may be enabled during times a post attracts a large number of trolls.
- A spam filter may moderate your comment. I will be notified when this happens, and will check the spam queue when I am able. Do not leave another comment asking why the spam filter caught your comment. Ask Google.
- Word verification may be utilized if it appears that other steps are not successful in keeping automated comments from being posted.
Multiple violations of this policy will result in all of your future comments being rejected or deleted.